Sunday, September 5, 2010

奈良 (Nara)

They say if you can crawl through it you get luck. Gabe and Tan both went through, and Emmanuel the awesome spaz that he is actually went though twice, almost getting stuck the second time!

I got some pretty awesome gifts there. A change purse, but you live on change here! A pin with the Toudaiji on it, and a charm for strength and good health. I was very tempted to get the charm for love, but I thought I`d wait a bit before I got that desperate.

Since it was HOT and we were getting tired we stopped off at a little strip mall like in Namba and got dinner. The place we stopped at was called BABY FACE PLANET`S. OH MY GOD WAS IT AMAZING!!! Tan, Emmanuel, Gabe, and I split this thing called `popi omre raisu` (spelling is so off on that), which is basically a rice filled omelet. And it had some ham, spinach (hence the popi), and a cream sauce. It was to die for. The thing was for 4-5 people, and I could have eaten at least half of on myself. And after we had that we got a `choco banana parfait`. Chocolate ice cream, bananas, peaches, oranges, and corn flakes. TO DIE FOR!!!

Since we didn`t really want to leave yet we walked around the mall for a bit more. Emmanuel found this TINY manga store down one of the alleys. I wasn`t planning on buying any manga while I was here, but they had a deal I couldn`t pass up. ALL 10 RG VEDA (CLAMP`S VERY FIRST SERIES, OUT OF PRINT, SUPER RARE) FOR 1800 YEN!!! That is 10 RARE manga for about $2 each! I had to buy it! And I`s so happy I did, if I passed it by I would be kicking myself right now so hard!

By the time we got back all of us were ready to pass out. And it didn`t help that a lot of the people who went on the Kyoto trip got back at the same time as us. So the bus was full of hot, LOUD college students all the way back to the library stop...

Just as a side not for me, Tan was telling me about how the awesome xxxHolic was even so much more awesome in the latest few chapters. So now I need to start reading it again!

Tomorrow I`ll post on my host family.

And I got my laptop ordered so when I get it in a week or 2, I`ll go back and add pictures to all of these posts.

Gilli

No comments:

Post a Comment