Wednesday, September 1, 2010

お好み焼き (Okonomiyaki)

Not much has been going on the last few days, mostly all just orientation stuff. Which required a lot of walking back and forth to and from school.

But on Tuesday night a bunch of us decided to go out for Okomomiyaki for dinner. So we headed over to this little, and I mean little, place by Kansai Gaidai's East Gate. The people in there were so sweet. They all moved so we could sit together and they were helping the owners out by taking our orders and everything.

I got Okonomiyaki with pork on it, and HOLY CRAP, it was amazing!!! And so big, I couldn't finish it.

The best part was after we finished the old man who ran the place with his wife gave us some Sake, for free. I wasn't planning on drinking while I was here, but I have a fascination with Sake so I tried it. First sip went right to my head. I could feel it working right away! It was one of the sweetest Sakes I've ever had, which in reality isn't saying much. He also started giving us Japanese lessons, he said we didn't need to go to Kansai Gaidai he would teach us everything we needed to know. Then he showed us pictures of him and his wife on their wedding day, they were so cute!!!

After being here 4 days we found our hang out place!

Yesterday we went shopping. I only have one pair of shorts so I needed more. I can fit in Japanese clothes!!! But I wanted to get a pair of Chiko Chiko shorts (men's clothes), but my butt won't allow my in them. So one of my goals is to lose enough weight to get into a pair of them! They were so awesome!!!

Gilli

No comments:

Post a Comment