Sunday, August 29, 2010

なんば (Namba) [pictures to be added]

Yesterday after I finished my blog Karólína (from Iceland) and I meet up with another guy to go wonder the streets of Hirakata before leaving for Namba. We found a shop with towels and I was so happy! I also found some slippers and sun screen (something else I forgot). There was also a grocery store below it so we got some food for dinner and a yummy potato thing that I can't remember the name for. On our way back we ran into the 100 Yen stop and I got a new wallet, because my hard wallet is just too heavy for my little kitty purse.

We got back to the dorm and hung out will people in the kitchen and the lounge. Somehow we got started on Harry Potter and how it had so much potential...But that is not going to be ranted about here.

At 1 finally the rest of our group of people who were going to Namba with us get there and we headed over to the bus. There were seven of us willing to take on the heat and explore the train systems. Lawrence (from Neatherlands) had the directions to get there. We took the bus to Hirakata-shi Station and on the way I got my first look at Kansai Gaidai. It's so HUGE!!! But also very pretty too. We got there and the bus driver was so nice, he tried explaining the buses to us.

In the station there was this guy singing La Bamba in Japanese. It was so awesome!!! He saw us all taking pictures and pointed to us and tried to sing it in English, which he failed. After that we managed to get our tickets to Yodayabashi (I think that's where it was). When one of the trains passed is, and it passed SUPER close, it made Emmanuel jump out of his seat.

We got to Yodayabashi and found out way to our transfer train, with the help of a really nice old man! When we got to the train he was so happy that we made it! This train was only for 2 stops and we got off at Shinsanbashi. We turned 2 corners and were there! We found the GIANT strip mall that had to have gone on for a mile at least.

I don't think I've ever seen so many shops in one place before! There were cell phone shops every other store, tons of clothes shops. I swear there were at least half a dozen shops that were just for socks! We found a BOOK OFF, which is a used book/CD/DVD store. I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything until at least a week or 2 of being here, but they had one of alice nine.'s CDs for 950yen! I've been looking for this one and I can't find it under 3,000yen anywhere because it's out of print.

We spent the next few hours just walking around looking at all the shops, completely overwhelmed! We finally got down to Du...I can't remember the name but shall look it us river. I got a picture of the Gilco running man, it was so awesome! I also saw the giant moving crab sign. And there was even a giant Arashi sign for their new album that I just had to take a picture of.

It was about 4.30 and our feet hurt and we were getting hungry. SO we found this nice little traditional restaurant and got Yakiniku (pretty much the same thing as Korean BBQ) It's was amazing!!! The Kimchi was so fresh tasting and the meat was so tasty!

After dinner we decided to go into 2 LARGE fancy department stores. Where of course everything is SUPER expensive. One of them had the top 2 floors just for restaurants. It also had a beautiful view of Osaka from the roof.

By the time we got out of the second depo store it was almost dark. We got a bit lost/turned around trying to find the train station again. Emmanuel got this amazing cake/yogurt/parfait looking thing while we were waiting for the bus. It just melted in your mouth!

Finally got back to Seminar House 2 and just sat around talking in the kitchen for a bit. I decided to register for my classes, but couldn't remember which classes I put on my major class list. So I ran up stairs to get my laptop and look, only to find it broke...It would turn on and I could hear it making noise, but the screen wouldn't do anything. It's just flickered a little bit...So today I'm going to see if there is a place on campus that can maybe fix it, if not I'll have to send it out to get repaired or buy a new one...

Other than the laptop thing, yesterday was AMAZING!!! And today will be great too!!!

Gilli

No comments:

Post a Comment