Thursday, August 12, 2010

Band rant

I'm really pissed off right now!!!
I was looking around looking for Arashi 嵐 stuff, because finishing Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 got me wanting more Matsu Jun 松本潤 and Arashi at the moment. So I come to a site and happen to go too far and into the comment section, I just so happen to stop on one comment about bands breaking up.
Apparently this person seems to think that a band is judged on if their together or broken up. Now this wouldn't have gotten to me if they had a realistic comparison, BUT NO!!! They decide to go with comparing Arashi to DBSK 동방신기! I have a HUGE bias towards DBSK because I've listened to them durring a lot of hard times in my life, but that doesn't mean I don't like Arashi. In fact Arashi is one of the only Japanese Pop bands I will listen to (KAT-TUN and Koda Kumi are the others).
My bias aside, there is no way you can judge Arashi and DBSK by one being together and the other not! DBSK has been named the #1 Pop Band in Asia! And this person was saying that Arashi was better than DBSK because they haven't broken up!
What this person seemed to be implying was when a band breaks up that means their no longer good! There are so many AMAZING bands that have broken up. To name only a few: THE BEETLES, XJapan, The Police. While there are SO MANY shitty bands that are still together!
I wouldn't have minded so much if this person had said they preferred Arashi because of some reason or another but to say this...It's an insult...

And for that person's information, DBSK didn't want to break up, they were semi forced to! When and band is in a situation where their bastard of a company forbids them from having contact with each other at any time, AKA when half the members can't talk to the other half, and they are clearly unhappy with this situation and forcing smiles for the fans, it would be best for them to break up. Most bands perform for the music and their fans, when they have to deceive their fans in order to stay together, any fan who would prefer them unhappy and together is not a good fan! As sad as I am to see them apart, I'm happy they can continue on in a happier way!

And now I feel like doing a comparison for DBSK and Arashi! BEWARE!!!

* First off pictures:
DBSK
Arashi

* DBSK's voices are perfect with each other! Together they sound amazing and solo you can sell who's singing. While in Arashi I can't really tell who's singing, but together they sound amazing too!

* OK DBSK can't act to save their lives (well Yoochun and Jaejoong aren't too bad), Changmin hurts so badly to watch. But I've seen all Arashi (except Sho, and I don't have much faith in him) act and they are amazing! Nino makes me cry in Letter from Iwo Jima every time!!!


* Changmin(DBSK) is a personal bias. He has one of the most unique voices! Raising Sun's "Why" says it all, any 15/16 year old that can reach that is amazing.


* Yoochun(DBSK) is another personally fave. He has amazing range, both low and high notes! Not to mention his fashion sense is gorgeous!


* Matsu Jun(Arashi) wins! After playing Domyoji in Hana Yori Dango I have a soft spot in my heart for him, I don't think anyone could pull off Domyoji like he did!

* Comparing Leaders...I don't see Ohno as much of one, he didn't really wanna be the leader so all of them kinda share the role. While Yunho is so good, he looks after the others so well and protects them (I'm remembering a few depressing interviews from around last Xmas...).

* One thing they both have is someone with AWESOME HAIR and LIPS!!! I want to steal Yoochun and Matsu Jun's hair!!! So amazing!!!


* Two words..."Sexy Counting"... (Youtube if you are lost...)

* I HAVE A DEEP DARK LOATHING HATRED FOR ARASHI'S KITTO DAIJOUBU!!! I dare you to listen to the first 30 seconds of that song 50+ times a day, everyday for a month and tell me if you don't feel the same way...

That's all for now...I feel surprisingly better after writing that and looking though pictures!

Signing off,
Gilli Phoenix

---

There will be no Japanese or Korean translation for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment